Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Green Bag Almanac & Reader Good Writing Honorees
Once a year, the Green Bag’s impressive board of advisers for exemplary legal writing selects 20 or so works to honor with publication in the Green Bag Almanac & Reader. It is not an easy task, because there really is a great deal of good writing produced every year by lawyers and other people who write about the law. So, there is a burdensome but unavoidable process for making choices. Here are this year’s honorees. Congratulations to all.
I. Opinions for the Court
- José A. Cabranes, Rivas v. Fischer, 687 F.3d 514 (2d Cir. 2012)
- John Gleeson, U.S. v. Dossie, 851 F.Supp.2d 478 (E.D.N.Y 2012)
- Royce C. Lamberth, In re Grand Jury Subpoena, 846 F.Supp.2d 1 (D.D.C. 2012)
- Ojetta R. Thompson, Schatz v. RSLC, 669 F.3d 50 (1st Cir. 2012)
II. Concurrences & Dissents
- Marsha Berzon & Richard Tallman, Miles v. Ryan, 697 F.3d 1090 (9th Cir. 2012)
- Neil Gorsuch, U.S. v. Rosales-Garcia, 667 F.3d 1348 (10th Cir. 2012)
- Elena Kagan, Williams v. Illinois, 132 S.Ct. 2221 (2012)
- Dale Carpenter, Flagrant Conduct: How A Bedroom Arrest Decriminalized Gay Americans (W.W. Norton & Company 2012)
- David M. Dorsen, Henry Friendly, Greatest Judge of His Era (Harvard University Press 2012)
- J. Harvie Wilkinson III, Cosmic Constitutional Theory (Oxford University Press 2012)
IV. Long Articles
- Charles Fried, On Judgment, 15 Lewis & Clark Law Review 1025 (2012)
- Arthur R. Miller, McIntyre in Context: A Very Personal Perspective, 63 South Carolina Law Review 465 (2012)
- Carol Sanger, “The Birth of Death”: Stillborn Birth Certificates and the Problem for Law, 100 California Law Review 269 (2012)
V. News & Editorial
- Tom Goldstein, We’re getting wildly differing assessments, SCOTUSblog, www.scotusblog.com, July 7, 2012
- Jill Lepore, Benched: The Supreme Court and the struggle for judicial independence, The New Yorker, June 18, 2012
- Dahlia Lithwick, Extreme Makeover: The story behind the story of Lawrence v. Texas, The New Yorker, March 12, 2012
- Jonathan Macey, Tackling the Power of the 1%, Politico, November 29, 2011
- Frank H. Easterbrook, Commencement Address, Swarthmore College
- Bob Kohn, Brief of Bob Kohn as Amicus Curiae, U.S. v. Apple, Inc.
- Christy Susman, Letter to Patrick Wensink, Jack Daniel's, July 12, 2012
Posted by Ross Davies on December 18, 2012 at 12:32 PM | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Green Bag Almanac & Reader Good Writing Honorees:
Hooray for Jon Macey, my Bizorgs professor! Nice piece--very accessible as always.
Posted by: junior minted | Dec 20, 2012 9:03:59 AM
The comments to this entry are closed.