Sunday, March 15, 2009
Tri-4-Gey, and an update from Steve Gey
The folllowing is a press release that I thought would interest the academic legal community as well as the numerous fans of Professor Steve Gey outside the professoriate. I am also posting Steve's most recent update, which is both, and again, heart-breaking and inspiring.
Donations can be made in Professor Gey’s name at www.active.com/donate/Tri-For-
Select Quotes from Professor Gey in letters to the Tri-for-Gey team:
· “The basic plan now is the same as it was a year ago: figure out how to deal with an ever-diminishing number of body parts, until some doctor trips over a cure to ALS while trying to develop a new and improved version of Rogaine.”
· “It's probably safe to say that I'm on track to fulfill the usual prognosis for all ALS patients, which basically gives me the life expectancy of a hummingbird. I've just decided to act as if that's not the reality, and I'm happy to say that all of you are helping me perpetuate my self-delusion.”
· “If you crazy people are still willing to get up at the crack of dawn and jump in a frigid lake, and then run and ride yourselves silly, then I may as well try to stick around to see what you all look like in wetsuits.”
· Regarding his new-found freedom to watch French movies: “Indeed, my present circumstances have given me a whole new perspective on the nouvelle vague. I now find Jean-Luc Godard’s Weekend oddly comforting. So you see? This whole fatal disease thing isn't all that bad after all.”
- Tri-for-Gey Fundraising website: http://www.active.com/donate/
- Tri-for-Gey III Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.
- Tri-forGey II Facebook page (photos from last year’s triathlon available): http://www.facebook.com/home.
- St Petersburg Times article featuring his students’ devotion: http://www.tampabay.com/
- Professor Gey is the author of a myriad of controversial articles (http://www.law.fsu.edu/
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Tri-4-Gey, and an update from Steve Gey:
"It saddens me that I will never be able to repay any of you for what you've done." -Professor Gey.
Professor Gey, your former students are saying the same thing--I know, I am one of them.
Posted by: ARG | Mar 29, 2009 11:51:04 PM
The comments to this entry are closed.