Monday, April 07, 2008
Re-Introduction and Late-Sunday Music
Greetings to all, and many thanks to the Prawfs for inviting me back for a second stint. During my last visit, I blogged about topics of professional as well as personal interest--largely IP and religion/politics, respectively. I look forward to covering similar issues this time around, and to broaching a few other subjects as the mood (or opportunity) strikes.
As I write, it is Sunday, just barely (for me, anyway), so I will wrap up with an addition to the music posts. Following is a list of albums that have seen some heavy rotation on my digital turntable recently (leaving off these spot-on recommendations). Some are a bit dated but still great, and many are excellent fodder for writing (or studying) when the Cello Suites aren’t working:
1. Thao – We Brave Bee Stings and All
2. The Helio Sequence—Keep Your Eyes Ahead
3. Peter Bjorn & John—Writer’s Block
4. Nada Surf—Lucky
5. Band of Annuals—Let Me Live
6. Handsome Boy Modeling School—So How’s Your Girl…
7. The Dodos—Beware of the Maniacs (and a new release is just out)
8. Cursive—Happy Hollow
Suggested additions (and quizzical criticisms) welcomed.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Re-Introduction and Late-Sunday Music:
Dear Ms. Farid,
Something to do with acronyms there? Or...?
At any rate, I'm billing hours here, so to keep it short:
1. Keep the cello concertos going, esp. the Bach. Rostropovich recordings are excellent - http://www.amazon.com/Bach-Cello-Suites-Nos-1-6/dp/B000002RUY
2. Whatever else you're on, it may be illegal. You should avoid posting while on it.
3. If you insist on pursuing whatever it is, listen to some John Adams with it, particularly Short Ride in a Fast Machine and tromba lontana - http://www.amazon.com/John-Adams-Harmonielehre-Chairman-lontana/dp/B000002RU2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1207575088&sr=1-1.
Posted by: Jonathan | Apr 7, 2008 9:33:04 AM
The comments to this entry are closed.