Monday, August 22, 2005
Thanks to Dan & Ethan for allowing me to rejoin the blog. I've had a good summer "off" (consisting of blogging at the Conglomerate, writing, and visiting scattered family units).
My first time here, as our loyal readers may recall, I posted about a variety of
random loosely connected topics, including: Nikolai Chernyshevsky, Internet lawlessness, juries, corporate law and the Lord of the Rings, a possible SSRN/Google deathmatch, faking conservatism, Kelo, and then more Kelo. It was fun; I got hate mail! I even made it onto Wikipedia.
This time around, I'll try to be more focused. To do so, I've developed a list of rules that may help me to comply with Kaimi's on-topic/off-topic guidelines:
- Only blog about Kelo when traffic is down;
- Never blog about privacy except when Dan Solove is on vacation;
- Try hard to resist self-referential posts that contain numbered lists;
- Don't criticize other bloggers, unless they aren't lawyers or legal academics, in which case, savage them;
- Don't blog about the first amendment unless Eugene Volokh is on vacation on a desert island without WiFi access;
- Avoid linking to my SSRN page (its been done before!) even though it is now clear that SSRN hits are quite valuable;
- Do mention Howard "the blawg daddy" Bashman often;
- Don't blog about law school rankings, ever. He who shall remain unnamed has got it covered;
- Don't try to preempt other academic writing on a subject by merely by posting a short blog entry -- the rule is clear that preemption requires at least two major or five minor trackback entries;
- Always remember the key to success: more cowbell.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Hello Again:
Welcome back. :)
Posted by: Simon | Aug 23, 2005 12:07:37 AM
The comments to this entry are closed.